5inch LCD for Pi
800x480, 5inch IPS Display for Raspberry Pi, DPI interface, no Touch
- 800x480 high resolution
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 2B/3B/Zero/Zero W
- The TFT LCD is directly driven by Raspberry Pi DPI interface, refresh rate up to 60Hz
- Supports Raspbian, Ubuntu, OSMC, etc.
- Backlight control to lower power consumption
- Compact size, suit for various projects
How to use
- 1. Connect the RGB LCD HAT to the JP1 socket on RGB 50P TO 40/50P adapter with an FFC cable (white).
- 2. Connect the FPC cable (golden) on LCD to the JP3 socket on RGB 50P TO 40/50P adapter.
- 1. Write the Raspbian, Ubuntu Mate, or OSMC system image to your micro SD card. You can download the images from Raspberry Pi web site https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/
- 2. Edit the /boot/config.txt file in the SD card and append the following lines:
- For Raspberry Pi 2B/3B/3B+/Zero/Zero W
dtoverlay=dpi24 enable_dpi_lcd=1 display_default_lcd=1 dpi_group=2 dpi_mode=87 dpi_output_format=0x6f005 hdmi_timings=800 0 40 48 88 480 0 13 3 32 0 0 0 60 0 32000000 6 disable_overscan=1
- For Raspberry Pi 4B, you need to add lines between [pi4] and [all], then remove/comment line dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-V3D as below
[pi4] # Enable DRM VC4 V3D driver on top of the dispmanx display stack #dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d max_framebuffers=2 dpi_timings=800 0 40 48 88 480 0 13 3 32 0 0 0 60 0 26000000 6 [all] #dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d dtoverlay=dpi24 enable_dpi_lcd=1 display_default_lcd=1 dpi_group=2 dpi_mode=87 dpi_output_format=0x6f005 hdmi_timings=800 0 40 48 88 480 0 13 3 32 0 0 0 60 0 32000000 6 disable_overscan=1
- You must make sure that there are no spaces on either side of the equal sign.
- If your system is installed from NOOBS, you have to connect your Pi to another monitor and hold down the shift key while system booting to edit the config file.
- 3. Save the file and insert the SD card into your Pi.
- 4. Turn on the backlight switch.
- 5. Power up and the LCD will display in most cases.
Note: 5inch LCD for Pi does not support Vcom voltage adjustment, so Vcom adjustable resistance is invalid in this display.
General Tutorial Series
Since the first-generation Raspberry Pi released, Waveshare has been working on designing, developing, and producing various fantastic touch LCDs for the Pi. Unfortunately, there are quite a few pirated/knock-off products in the market. They're usually some poor copies of our early hardware revisions, and comes with none support service.
To avoid becoming a victim of pirated products, please pay attention to the following features when purchasing:
Beware of knock-offs
Please note that we've found some poor copies of this item in the market. They are usually made of inferior materials and shipped without any testing.
You might be wondering if the one you're watching or you've purchased in other non-official stores is original, feel free to contact us.
If you require technical support, please go to the Support page and post a tickets.